Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Rescue Day!

It's getting late, I'm exhausted, and I feel GREAT! My friend and fellow rescuer Therese Servas and I spent a long day driving to New York City and JFK Airport, picking up nine dogs being flown in from Puerto Rico, and taking them to their temporary homes in Connecticut at Danbury Animal Welfare Society (DAWS) and Animal Welfare Society (AWS) in New Milford.

If you have read my past blogs, you already know that I am a stateside volunteer with Save A Sato, a wonderful dog rescue organization in Puerto Rico. We have been working with them for several weeks to get some of the satos (street dogs) shipped here but the temperatures have been too high. Finally we got a break!

Before I post some photos, I want to say thanks to the big-hearted, hard working people who were part of this rescue. At Save A Sato: Gloria, Penelope, Lucy, Leilani, Ana, and everyone who works so hard to give these dogs the chance at a good life. Thank you to Veronica from DAWS and Renee from AWS for working with Save A Sato and welcoming these wonderful dogs with open arms, and to Therese, my rescue partner. Tonight I will fall asleep with a big smile on my face. Life is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Inappropriate comments will not be approved.