Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

An Easy Way To Spread Awareness of Animal Welfare Issues

This morning while I was out for a walk I came upon a man and his dog walking in my direction. He smiled and said, "Mine is a rescue." At first I was confused,then I remembered that I was wearing my t-shirt that reads "Rescued is my favorite breed". We chatted for a few minutes about our dogs and their rescue stories then we said good-bye and went in separate directions. As I continued on my walk, I thought about how many people probably read that message without me even realizing it.

To improve the welfare of animals we must first create awareness of these issues-- for example, that buying puppies from pet stores or the internet keeps puppy mills in business, that dog fighting is not only wrong but is also a felony, and the importance of spaying and neutering our pets to control overpopulation. There are thousands of people who want to put an end to animal cruelty but feel helpless to make a difference in such a huge problem. I'd like to suggest that if you want to help animals, an easy thing you can do is get a t-shirt with an animal friendly slogan and wear it often. There are many websites where you can buy these shirts but two with a good variety are cafepress.com and zazzle.com. I've met some wonderful people and had some great conversations that were all started by a message on a t-shirt. It is a pretty nice way to feel like I'm making a difference.




Los t-shirts en esta página son de https://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/, pero es posible que se venden en otros sitios.

English: The t-shirts on this page are from https://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/, but it is possible that they are sold on other sites also.

I was just on cafepress and they have a HUGE selection of t-shirts for dog lovers, and many are specific to animal rescue. I'll have to keep this idea in mind for Christmas presents. My kids tease me and say all my t-shirts are about dog rescue. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inappropriate comments will not be approved.